Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chain of Illusions

Note: This is not erotica. I wrote this one for someone not because she requested it, but because it spoke her truth. These are the words that she couldn't say, but I could. So I wrote what she felt. Hope you enjoy.


We had that magical epitome type love
where touches magnified mutual feelings.
The scent of you excited my senses
and in every sense I see, hear, feel, taste, smell you.
To have you reciprocate and paint your feelings on forbidden
makes my breath become shallow as I replay us.
The way you artistically painted thoughts on me,
our primal sounds and carnivorous activity. 
The experience of you and I conceiving intense passion
resulted in multiplicity: days, nights, and that in between
when we joined and became one.
While exchanging thoughts and toying with these feelings
we were unaware that we were flirting with danger.

Because now happy moments are no more
and these experiences of you and I, I and you,
We, somehow became separate entities. 
No longer same and now I'm no longer sane
because we're different and far away.
Our quest for the highest high has ceased and feelings too. 
I watch as you fail to see me in every way. 
You erase my touches, no longer hear my words.
Invisibility every day and questions formulate
in this confused psyche of mind
asks how we went from singular to plural, 
plural to singular and now we're just singular
no longer fitting in each other's molds.

I am confused, stuck between fantasy and reality, 
the we and the not us.
Were those times of passion just imagined, is what I question.
Enjoyable it was at first but this unquenchable thirst has me
pondering the thoughts of us
and to think you were the better half of me 
makes me question my ability 
to decipher truth and illusion .
But as I think about it I realize that we did what 
so many are guilty of and confused the 
two four letters words of lust and love,
so what we had wasn't blissful love but dejected lust. 
We allowed the feelings we had for others 
to be imagined in each other and like children
we played games with each other
fooling the other into thinking something was there
when there really wasn't anything.

Fools were made of ourselves as we thought
and thought and thought some more
while we simultaneously played and played
and played yet more.
Both of us were successful at the attempts
yet so unsuccessful when it came to truth and reality.
We're guilty of arresting the other's hearts 
and tying it down with the chains of illusions. 
But somewhere between the illusions and lust
my feelings became real
and I saw in you what I wanted in others
and I know that mine is real. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment